Received an update to the kmod-nvidia driver this morning. Since then every time I run a Gnome 3 session the X server gets very slow until it stops responding altogether. Xfce doesn't seem to have this problem.

I'm not sure what to do about it. There doesn't seem to be an earlier kmod-nvidia that I can downgrade to.

And I'm actually a little confused about how this works. I got a new kernel yesterday; how is it that X worked properly before I got the matching kmod-nvidia today?

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley
Linux System Administrator