Hello,

  I have one F15-64 bit machine on which the volume has to be very
close to the minimum as it seems to attain full volume very, very
early.  Not much play in there. when pushed to the max there is some
'hardware noise' as it is very over-driven. I do not recall having this
problem before a recent update on that machine.  Another F15 64-bit
machine does not show this limited rage at all and has a nice volume
control.

  Would this be a hardware problem or is there something in a
recent update that would mess the audio in such a way when seeing some
specific hardware ?

Thanks.