On 27 March 2012 19:54, Mark Haney <ma...@abemblem.com> wrote:

> I got it.  For some insane reason PK runs in the background a lot (all the
> time?) if you have it set to check for updates daily.  Don't know about
> y'all, but that seems a bit heavy handed.

Sounds like you've hit the same bug myself and several others have.  Is so,
it's not PackageKit causing the problem so much as Apper repeatedly calling
it - about every five minutes or so seems to be the norm when this
happens.  If you don't mind doing updates manually, then uninstalling Apper
will fix the problem.

--
Andy

*The only person to have all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe*