Mark Haney writes:

On 03/27/2012 02:02 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Mark Haney<ma...@abemblem.com>  wrote:

I'm not a pearl expert but I have seen MANY recommendations not to mix
RPM and CPAN perl modules. I can think of two options. If you have
some basic RPM packaging skills then this may be your best bet:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Perl/cpanspec

It looks like it downloads the module source and tries to create a
spec file for it so you can build an RPM.

I'm no n00b to building RPMs, so that isn't a big issue. Thanks for the info I'll look into a bit more and see what I come up with.

You say you just want a newer version.

Chances are that if you take the existing version's source rpm, and frob it appropriately, you'll get the right results.