On 06/07/2012 05:49 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 06/08/2012 05:54 AM, JD wrote:
the eject command in f16 says
# eject
eject: unable to find or open device for: `cdrom'

f16 has no cdrom or dvd entry in /dev,
so after each boot I have to manually
create the symlink to sr0.

Is there a way to make the symlinks permanent in /dev?

Do you happen to have a /dev/cdrom1?

What are the contents of, or do you have, the
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules

file?

Hello, Everyone
I have had a situation for quite a while now that is somewhat like this, but with one interesting wrinkle: sometimes (not always) the eject button on the DVD drive itself does not work. I have to run "eject" from a terminal to get the drive to open... SOMETIMES I have to run "eject cdrom", "eject sr0" or "eject scd0" just to get the drawer open. Sometimes, the "eject" command just exits immediately without any error. The thing that I do to get the "eject" command to finally open the DVD drive drawer is to physically push the eject button on the drive itself and THEN re-run the "eject" command.

Also, I do NOT have "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules"

I am running Fedora 17 (fresh install, not an upgrade) fully updated, with KDE as my desktop.

Steven P. Ulrick