Am 05.08.2012 10:44, schrieb Patrick Dupre:
>> I may be a serious problem.  But it won't get addressed if you don't
>> file a *detailed* bugzilla.  On your F16 system, did you have /usr on
>> a separate partition?
>
> Yes,
>
> I have /
> /usr
> /usr/lib
> /usr/local
> /home
>
> (Old fashion, like it was recommanded a while ago)

a while?
30 years ago i guess!

/ and /home is strongly recommanded to be seperated

a seperate /usr is USELESS because it makes no sense on a
single machine but what do people recommend this think
happens if multiple machines share /usr while their
/var/lib/rpm is drifting away

whati never have ssen in my life before is that someone
seperates /usr AND below this /usr/lib and /usr/local

and you do wonder that UsrMove fails?
seriously?

> Yes I have a backup, but it would better to undertsand before reinstalling
> again
> because this failure is reproducible. In fact probably very little need to
> repaired.
> I have other machines to update.

you have only to understand that seperate /usr is useless and NOT SUPPORTED
since a very long time, one theoretical goal of the UsrMove is to make
it supported again, but NOT how you made it with split
/usr on another partition in 2 additional pieces