On 07/09/12 12:26, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA types:
     I posted this two days ago and got no response. I find it hard to
     believe that I am the only one with this problem. Perhaps someone
     can try selecting "US International keyboard" and see if it can be
     unselected restoring "US English keyboard" again and keeping it upon
     reboot. This is really causing me a lot of inconvenience and I don't
     know how to fix it short of re-installing F-17. I could probably
     reset it after reboot with a simple script but I don't know
     how/where to select the keyboard setup from the command line that,
     would work around the problem 'til F-18 comes along.

          I have two F-17 64 bit computers in which once I selected "US
          International" keyboard under Administration > Keyboard that
          selection seems always to come up in reboot although the selection
          has been changed to "US English." That change takes effect once I go
          through the motion of changing it, that is to bring up the GUI menu
          and close it while doing nothing else, it already says US Keyboard
          is selected, apparently "closing" that menu restore the US settings
          until user bobg logs off, when I log on again I have to "fix" the
          keyboard. problem.

          I tried creating a new user "rfg" and logged off/on with the same
          problem.

          Any idea what is wrong?

          Bob

   On two computers here the GUI leaves /etc/sysconfig/keyboard set to
   "US International" after "US English" has been selected. It is
   necessary to edit the file manually to remove the line
   VARIANT="intl" after which the keyboard functions normally when the
   system is re-booted.

   Bob

-- http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

   box7