On 09/08/2012 05:19 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
I refuse to install anything that's going to "charge" me for their
product....(call it a glitch in my mental processes, but if I'm going to
use "Free Open Source Software" then it should be "free"...no?)

No. "Free" describes your liberty to use, modify, and share the software. I am quite happy to pay for Free Software, and do so when appropriate. When I don't exchange currency for software, I try to provide something else of value in return: bug fixes, improvements, support to other users, etc.