On 12/27/2012 11:15 AM, Paweł Brodacki wrote:
2012/12/27 Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. <eoconno...@gmail.com>:

WOW!....so much information to digest! Thanks to one and all, but after
reading the responses, I think the Clonezilla way might be for me, I'm not
too familiar with the Terminal and the command lines and such....although I
think it would be AWESOME to be able to do such tings strictly from a
terminal....I'm also afraid since this is the only "working" laptop I have
that connects me to the outside world...and I would hate to lose all the
info and files on here.....maybe I'll find some old drives and do a "test"
run first....just to be sure I've gotten the hang of it! Thanks again
everyone!

EGO II

Backup. You *need* backup. Now.

 From what I understand, you are going to perform an operation on a
disk containing the sole copy of data which you'd "hate to loose".
Backup this data now.

Any rearrangement of a disk bears an inherent risk of thrashing the
disk. A backup is easy to make with Fedora (e.g. using deja-dup), will
reduce your stress level during the operation and making your first
backup may get you into a good habit ;).

Besides, I agree with your conclusion, that Clonezilla may be the best
way for you. I used it and I like it.

Paweł
I am thankful for all the comments, I have just finished my backup of my entire system, I'm still "skiffy" when it comes to command line stuff...(too bad there's no Text for Fedora 17 Command Line training?...like there is with Red Hat!) so I will be going the path of least resistance and going with the option that will make an exact "clone" of my drive. Here's to hoping this works! I'm going from the 320GB hard drive this laptop came with (SATA) to a 500GB one so that I have more space. I'm also looking into external storage...in a "server" vein....so that I don't have to hunt around for the external hard drives anymore...thinking maybe a standalone tower with a 1TB HDD...and a "real" server OS like CEntOS or....maybe Ubuntu?....don't know yet...but here goes....

EGO II