On 10/03/13 10:05, poma wrote:
On 03/10/13 00:20, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
On 09/03/13 22:14, poma wrote:
On 03/09/13 15:08, Ed Greshko wrote:
..
OK, your opinion is clear.  Ignore that user set defaults aren't
working and set the specific setting within TBird.

*Toggle* network.protocol-handler.warn-external.http[s]

~/.thunderbird/<profile>/mimeTypes.rdf
http://kb.mozillazine.org/MimeTypes.rdf

poma

It is not clear to me what you are proposing. In which file should the
string be toggled? It is not to be found in the mentioned mimeTypes.rdf
and the link probably refers to older versions because the instructions
do not fit to the current version.

- follow the sequence
- about:config
- *Toggle*(false/true) for the *boolean* variable, not for the string.
- open http[s] link - setup app
- corresponding changes: ~/.thunderbird/<profile>/mimeTypes.rdf

poma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boolean_data_type

Still makes no sense. There is no about:config in thunderbird but I can edit prefs.js by hand and I see no boolean variable of the name you mention. If I've misunderstood your mail, please be more specific.

--
Erik

Concordia parvæ res crescunt discordia maximæ dilabuntur