The language for a user account was set to simplified Chinese.  Not what was
wanted!  So I thought I could just delete the account and re-create it.  I used
the Users and Groups GUI to delete the user account.  I did check that the home
directory for that account was gone.  Then I re-created the account with Users
and Groups.  When the user first tried to log in, everything was in simplified
Chinese!  I re-tried all this with an added reboot between deleting and
re-creating the account.  It was still simplified Chinese.  All other user
accounts are English.  Where is the language preference for that one user
account "remembered" even after the account is deleted, and how do I clear it?
No one here knows enough simplified Chinese to read/understand the simplified
Chinese menu entries, buttons, prompts, messages, application icon labels, etc.
 Or how can I as root reset that account's preferences back to default without
becoming that user?

Thank-you in advance for your help.
Bill.