On 06.06.2013 10:30, Gerhard Gappmeier wrote:

> Unfortunately the installer does not allow to create this kind of partition
> layout. With F17 this was possible.
Yes, it was possible in F17. Now it isn't :) It's kind of improvement in
installer.

> 2.) Installing F17 and upgrade using fedup. This fails. Seems like fedup is
> not able to handle this layout.
fedup is not touching anything in partition layout. (someone on devel@
group stated this recently) fedup downloads packages, new kernel and
"installation" initrd. Then it uses yum/rpm do upgrade OS. So it should
be possible to upgrade your machine.

> 3.) Kickstart: It looks like this is most likely the way to get it working.
> But I was not able to write a working kickstart script. The online doc is not
> enough for that. I found same kickstart examples using Google, but these
> didn't work either.
This is the only chance to do what you want. I also wait with
upgrade/reinstall on some of my boxes because I can't play with
kickstart to learn how it works. I have no spare box to destroy for one
day. You can see content of kickstart-ks.cfg in /root directory of your
Fedora 17 install and use it for new installation.

> Maybe somebody can assists me with that or has a better idea how to install
> that system.

I'm waiting for this feature to be available back in Fedora. For now I
don't have any good news for you. This kind of installation might be
only possible using kickstart. Please try Fedora 19, maybe it's
available again.

Mateusz Marzantowicz