Am 09.07.2013 16:01, schrieb Eric Viseur:
> I'm currently working on a virtualization project using F18.  One of the use
> cases is booting on the multi-user
> systemd target, then starting the Spice client in a very restricted X
> environment by simply issuing
>
> /$ xinit /usr/bin/spicec (some parameters)/
>
> Everything works fine, except the sound : as I don't start a complete GDM in
> this boot scenario, PulseAudio isn't
> loaded.  I thus tried to start PulseAudio manually by issuing :
>
> /$ start-pulseaudio-x11/
>
> before starting xinit with the same user, but it doesn't work either.  After
> testing a /$ pacat /dev/urandom/ from
> the host on Fedora Virtualization team's advice, it turns out PA doesn't work
> at all.
>
> *So, here is my question : how to start PulseAudio correctly in such a setup
> (multi-user.target then xinit) ?*
>
> Please note that if I connect to the VM from a complete GDM in the graphical
> systemd target, everything works fine.
>
> Thank you for your attention!

system wide instance is your friend

[harry@rh:~]$ cat /etc/systemd/system/pulsed.service
[Unit]
Description=Pulseaudio Daemon
After=rtkit-daemon.service udev.service dbus.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=-/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=false --system=true --log-level=0
--log-target=stderr
--disallow-module-loading=true --disallow-exit=true --exit-idle-time=0
--disable-shm=true --no-cpu-limit=false
--use-pid-file=false --resample-method=src-sinc-best-quality
Restart=always
RestartSec=30
TimeoutSec=15
Nice=-10