Quoting linuxnuts...@videotron.ca:

I used photorec in linux to unerase deleted photos from camera SD cards. It works great. Are there any other file recovery apps for linux other than testdisk/photorec which are aimed at recovering other types of files such as docs, etc..

Thanks!

I've used foremost with great success on a formatted drive. It has some shortcomings but is good at what it does.

here: http://www.howtoforge.com/recover-deleted-files-with-foremost

Dave

I think that if a person doesn't feel cynical then they're out of phase with the 21st century. Being cynical is the only way to deal with modern civilization, you can't just swallow it whole.

-- Frank Zappa