On 26.11.2013 18:06, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> On 25/11/13 18:28, poma wrote:
>> "--output" selects a particular output mode, so it should work.
>> Move a 'monitors.xml' so it doesn't interfere with setup,
>> $ mv $HOME/.config/monitors.xml $HOME/.config/monitors.xml-backup
>> and disable that session script of yours.
>> Check what's happening via '/var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log'
> "locate *monitors.xml" produces nothing, perhaps that is present only in
> gnome3? I believe this F-19 began as an XFCE Live spin.
>
> But no, it doesn't show up in an "unnamed" later version, that does
> include Gnome3, either? So I'm not sure where you are getting those .xml
> files from?

You're right. 'xfce4-display-settings' saves the settings in the
$HOME/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml
Désolé.

> My script only runs when I initiate it, I test before running it.

Can you paste the content of that script, here.

> "/var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log" contains a lot of data but I'm not sure
> what I should look for, nothing "jumps out at me."

Feel free to paste the content of the 'lightdm.log' at http://fpaste.org
so it can be studied.
If you do, one for the "RandR" round, and one for the script of yours.
One copy you can send to the Vogons.

poma