On 28 November 2013 04:15, David <dgbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/27/2013 9:54 PM, g wrote:
>>

>> On 11/27/2013 08:02 PM, David wrote:
>> <>
>>
>>> As I said... Me - The ordinary user that uses an Email Client has
>>> no problems with what AP and Gmail is/are doing. His posts, for
>>> me fall in the proper place in the thread(s) on this list.
>>
>> and you use "thread(s)", indicating possible plural?
>>
>> so just what do you have selected under;
>>
>>     View > Sort by
>> and
>>     View > Threads
>> ?
>

> You are searching for errors? Perhaps I said that incorrectly. AP's
> messages, and those of everyone that I have seen that have replied to
> his original post, thread correctly. For me.
>
> I said thread(s) because I have seen him, and others, post as he does,
> and I do not have ay problems with those posts. post before and his
> posts thread.

Great. For you. AP expressed an interest in this. As I've mentioned
some clients guess threading, you're using one of them. There is, and
has been for a very long time, a mechanism for doing it properly. It's
not some 'super complicated geek thing' it's one line of text that's
normally hidden that says which message it follows. Understandable to
anyone who understands English.

> Hmm...  Linux users, the ones that I called 'Geeks', (which was not
> meant as an insult) are the only computer users, that I know of, that

Some take it as an insult. Especially when it's used to push a lazy stereotype.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk