On 26/12/13 06:13 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
On 26/12/13 04:26 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 12/26/2013 01:16 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
The mouse cursor remains in one place but as I move the mouse
around I can see that it's hovering over other things.

So it's only the pointer that stops moving, while the computer "knows"
that the mouse is in a different position, right?  Have you tried
clicking on something while this is going on, to see if the computer
reacts properly to it?  If it does, we'll have limited the issue to
whatever it is that puts the pointer on the screen.

    Yes. the cursor is stuck while it's still sending the proper info to
the computer. If I click on something the computer does the "right"
thing...changes videos or whatever.
But even if I shutdown Chrome the mouse cursor remains frozen, and if
I get out out of the desktop, the graphics screen of lightdm is totally
corrupted. Then a reboot is the only way to restore things. Sounds like
a video problem to me. I switched Chrome from its internal flash to the
latest adobe flash but there is no change.

Also discovered it doesn't happen when I am logged in on another account on this machine. And that account uses compiz !

--
Your mail is being read by tight-lipped
NSA agents who fail to see the humor in Doctor