Hi Chris.

Thanks fo.r the reply
.
The principle reason for doing/testing dual boot is to have the
ability to be able to do a remote reinstall for a fresh OS on a remote
box. If you know of a way to accomplish that, I'm more than willing to
hear it!!

Everything I've seen regarding doing reinstalling of OS, requires
having access to the box, with fresh media.

This is really intended to allow me to detect if the "base/master"
system has been hacked, and then to immeadiately switch to the minimal
OS/system, which would then invoke a netinstall for the hacked
system/OS to have a clean system.

So, the test is to have a dual Centos process, which is what I'm
looking to implement right now.

Here are the current steps I've used, feel free to tell me where I've
gone off track.

-Centos6.5
-Lenovo
-250G Drive

OS1
-insert the centos 6.5 dvd
-select the fresh install
-basic storage device
-Fresh Installation
-Create Custom Layout
  (-Please Select Device)

LVM Volume Groups
VolGroup     237972
lv_apps      10000  /apps
lv_backup   10000  /backup
lv_home     10000   /home
lv_root        51200  /
lv_swap      3824
free           127948

Hard Drive

sda
   sda1  500  /boot   ext4
   sda2 237974  VolGroup   physical volume (LVM)

Now, at this point, I get a valid OS/grub.conf

However, when I try to install the 2nd OS is when I run into issues..

So, here's what I'm trying to figure out. When I get to the (Please
Select Device) page, what do I have to insert to create the minimal
OS/system for the 2nd OS install.

For the 2nd install, I'm looking to implement a system that has the
backup/apps/home/root dirs (mt points)

Do I have to have completely separate partitions for each of the OS
installs? If I do, how/where do they get created?

I think this is close, but again, without really knowing how to do
this, one could spend hours/days on this!

Thanks