On 01/02/14 06:09, Richard Vickery wrote:
> I just called up the gnome-tweak-tool: what's the difference between suspend
> and hibernate? It gives these, among other sleeping actions when folding the
> computer up.
>
> Just curious - hibernate doesn't have a man page.

suspend keeps the system powered on, but in a low power mode.  No computing is
done but the current working state is kept in memory.  Resume from suspend is
very (or should be) quick.

hibernate places memory on disk and the system is completely powered off.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts