On 01/04/14 08:37, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> You are *not* supposed to see anything when you click on the items in that
>> large window.  The entries *define* what fields are to be *shown* when the
>> status is displayed.  Look at the very lower right of the screen where the
>> status is being displayed from the systray.
> Nothing appears at the lower right of my screen.

I am talking about the darn image I posted to google-drive.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2H9v1dYNcvpX2FuQ3F5OEhjeTA/edit?usp=sharing

>> The items there reflect what is in the GUI configuration.
> Where is the GUI configuration?

OK, let me be more specific....

This is the GUI configuration....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2H9v1dYNcvpaUh0V1VPMkpNVXc/edit?usp=sharing

This is the "status" of a connection with fields displayed having been defined
in the GUI configuration.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2H9v1dYNcvpOGFGLVhaT1FpOWc/edit?usp=sharing

>>> Do you consider the change an improvement?
>> Yes...
> How do I find what access points are visible?

Left clicking on the icon brings up this....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2H9v1dYNcvpTWM1LXNxSFFsMHM/edit?usp=sharing
> How do I choose one of them?

Click on them....
> Do you not miss the map showing available access points?

They are listed...

> Where is the documentation explaining the new presentation?

Don't know.  Didn't look for it..

> To me the new KDE-applet is an unmitigated disaster.
> I don't see what purpose it is meant to fulfil.

To each his own.  I'm happy with it.

As a matter of fact, the new design is more consistent with other systray
icons.

Right Click the speaker icon and you get a menu to configure Kmix.  Left-Click
and you get to us Kmix.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts