On 01/15/2014 01:54 PM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:17:20AM +0000, Christopher Ross wrote:
This could be related to a regression I am seeing on Fedora 20.
Pretty much every time a user logs in (or switch user) on Fedora 20
with KDE the audio output defaults to "headphones" and I have to
manually change it to "line out", even though there is nothing
connected to the headphones socket and there is an amplifier
connected to the line out socket. If I do plug in headphones
thereafter, the sound switches to headphones as it should. This used
to work exactly as you would expect (i.e. defaulting to "line out"
unless there are headphones plugged in) under Fedora 19 and 18
before that on exactly the same hardware.

If anyone can point me to a solution I would be grateful.
On my laptop (Lenovo T530) logging into Gnome the audio always goes to
the digital output via HDMI. I have to go into sound settings to put it
back to analog for my docking station or headphone jack.

Using the Gnome 3.10 settings > sound, all I see is HDMI, Speakers - built-in Audio, and Analog Output - Built-in Audio. Speakers is how it comes up. The profile is only Analog Stereo Output. The test results in no sound from the speakers, but from the headphones. If I switch to Analog Output, still nothing out of the speakers.