I have been getting a lot of freezes in Fedora 19, usually once the screensaver kicks in for a while, but also at the login prompt and when using firefox. The most recent freeze involved the screensaver. It simply locked up with the screensaver image frozen and still visible. The mouse cursor was locked and there was no activity. I ran a memtest and hard drive tests and everything came back fine.

I do remember seeing several ABRT messages regarding the nvidia driver I'm using being a proprietary driver ...etc... some open source programmers hate proprietary drives... something along that end. I recently had surgery and was having trouble paying attention. ABRT also no longer seems to function, and I have updated to the latest kernel and video drivers.

Where do I look for log entries to enable troubleshooting, and has anybody else experienced this? Any help would be appreciated.