On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 05:32:26PM -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
> I think LVM is quite useful for people who have large numbers of
> servers and are constantly having to deal with partitions running out of
> space and such. Is it as simple as a regular partition system? No. But
> recovering a gronked standard system can be just as arcane to the
> uninitiated.
>
> I can't say the same for silly decisions such as systemctl/systemd (who
> gives a plugged nickel how long it takes to boot your system...you
> don't do it that often) or the new, oh-so-wonderful syslog
> replacements. Or not installing an MTA by default. Or............

I think it's pretty obvious that this is a question of different audiences.
Some people *do* care about those things, for completely legitimate reasons.

That's one of the reasons we started looking at having distinct server,
desktop/workstation, and cloud targets for Fedora.next. We'll be able to
make the right decisions for different use cases with conflicting needs.

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mat...@fedoraproject.org>