I have spent sometime trying to figure out how to change the default
editor in Midnight Commander. I am running XFCE most of the time on Fedora 19

I have tried suggestions from Googling including exporting EDITOR in $HOME/bashrc...running select-editor ( doesn't appear to be on Fedora )and creating a .select_editor text file in HOME. None have worked so
far.

If I open a terminal first then m-c loads the proper editor...but if I
call m-c from a desktop file which loads a terminal, then loads m-c with the -e option then vi is loaded.

I am missing something.

--
1984 was not meant as a blueprint for
democratic governments.