On Mon, 2014-11-10 at 10:10 -0600, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> I had searched the evolution list, but did not see an entry similar to
> my problem.  Since this problem not only 'freezes' the evolution
> display, but also freezes the entire gui, I thought starting here
> would
> be better. (Sorry about the use of 'freeze', but I can not think of a
> better word).

"Freeze" is fine as a description. Freezes can be caused by video card
problems so it could be relevant to post what make and model you have.

poc

Patrick,

The machines I have access to today is a Dell Optiplex 780, 745, and
755.  There is one HP machine that I do not have access to this
afternoon.

780 -
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]

745 -
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q963/Q965 Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

780 -
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q963/Q965 Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

755 -
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Also, it should be noted that my observations were the same as John's in
that I was first suspicious of Firefox along with gpaste.  After
removing gpaste and not accessing Firefox the only software that was
consistently associated with the problem was evolution.  I never noticed
this on F16, F17, F18, F19, but John is correct in that this causes a
real problem that is only solved by a reboot.

Greg