On 12/16/2014 12:58 PM, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:

OK. That would mean that there are situations where the 'dnf erase
kernel' safeguard doesn't work either. Perhaps it would be better to
move this particular safeguard into dnf?

I know from experience that yum has that safeguard. (It came in very handy when I moved this box to a PAE kernel because it was easier than a complete reinstallation when I installed a new mobo with 8 GB RAM.) Not having it in dnf would be a regression, so shifting that code from a plugin to the main program would make sense.