On 22.12.2014, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:

> I then compiled it for the new kernel, but for me the problem is still
> there, a noisy fan. I will investigate further...

How about finding the first official kernel with the faulty behaviour,
bisecting the offending commit and reporting it to the lkml people?

Continuously patching away an obvious bug can't be the solution (and
someday it won't work any longer or need a manual merge)..

Btw: is the problem still persistent in plain vanilla 3.19-rc1?
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/testing/linux-3.19-rc1.tar.xz