Thanks. I have those settings set as you indicated.

Sent via personal computer"It is always too soon to quit."

    On Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 7:52:01 PM CDT, Lex Trotman <ele...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 Hi,

Unfortunately there is not, a setting in the filetype files would
probably be best so it cna be applied to multiple types of scripts,
but somebody has to write it.

Also do you have use_gio_unsafe_file_saving set and
use_atomic_file_saving unset (in various prefs)?  That should copy the
execute bit when a file is saved so you only need to set it once.  (It
may also work if neither of those settings are set).

Cheers
Lex