Hi all,
I really have no idea how many people are using the default Geany project
management functionality (no, I do not mean the extensions, I mean when you
fresh-install Geany and you open few files and save them as a project), but I
use only this way the projects in Geany.
However, working on multiple machines on the same project could be a bit of a
headache, since you need to copy over the project files ('.geany' files) and
eventually edit them.
Normally I rarely work from home, so I use to work on my office code only in
the office, but since we are now in this stupid COVID-19 situation and we are
all (well, most of us) forced to work from home, it becomes a need to sort of
migrate the projects. Or to be precise, I need to do it, since in the office I
work on a Debian desktop box and at home I work on another Debian box. Today I
started to manually edit a .geany project file and while it wasn't that big, I
actually have some files which indicate sessions with lots of files. Therefore
I decided to spend a bit of time to create a script to automate this and save
myself lots of time in the future.
I know probably nobody might be in the same situation, but in case anyone is, I
am sharing my script.
I am using only core Perl functionality, so no prerequisites here. Just
download and run (after you edit few lines in the script to do your own setup).
StrayFeral/geany_tools

|  |  |

|  |
StrayFeral/geany_tools