On 2020-04-22 3:14 p.m., Lee Quinlan wrote:
Hello Lex,

Thanks for getting back to me.
I've attached some screenshots, in order, to illustrate where I'm seeing
this option. Hopefully you can shed some light on it for me. It
certainly feels like a Geany interface.

Hi Lee,

The screenshots except for the first one are showing GtkFileChooser[0] which is provided by GTK+. You'll find this same dialog in any applications that use GTK+ and allow you to open files. None of the browsing/mounting/networking stuff in there is done by Geany itself.

If your password isn't getting saved, it's probably an issue with your keyring. I don't know Rpi stuff, but in GNOME (and probably other DEs that use gnome-keyring[1]), there's an application that manages your keyring, here it's called Seahorse[2] (aka "Passwords and Keys"). It's possible that you don't have a default keyring setup or something.

Regards,
Matthew Brush

[0]: https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkFileChooser.html
[1]: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeKeyring