On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 at 16:29, Tony Blinco <anthony.bli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe i am using the Geany GTK 3.0 version (latest as of a few days ago)
> I am trying to set the colors of the editor widgets and everything i read
> tells me to modify the gtkrc file
> but i cannot find where that file is on linux.
> Can anyone tell me where i might find this file in linux?
> Thank you all very much for your help

The version of GTK is a build time setting for all released Geany
versions, but the latest git is indeed GTK3 only.

To tell the version of GTK see a message near the top of Help->Debug Messages.

If it is GTK3 (likely) then it no longer uses gtkrc files, it now uses
GTK CSS.  There are some in $PREFIX/share/geany and you can put your
own geany.css in your config directory to override whatever you need
to.

Cheers
Lex