Hi,

On 14.08.21 16:19, Ray Andrews wrote:
wonder if the dangers are exaggerated. Coming from DOS, I was used to owning my own system, got tired of 'su root' every time I wanted to tinker with something, and for the last 8 years I've run as root all the time.  I've had one issue.  I resent programs that try to stop me.

Well.... At least from my end:
Editing a file as root via UI usually (not everyone, not always…) is a thing, beginners want to do. I totally understand this, that's being said. But this might end up setting to run Geany as root always which will might cause unreadable files or maybe unwanted edits in system files etc. If you always cross a street at red traffic lights you will stop being careful at some point.

Just my 2ct ;)

.f