On Thu, 3 Mar 2022 at 03:54, Nikita Zlobin <nick877...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I discovered, that double click opens color chooser not only for hex
> color strings, but for any strings, which have 3 valid hex digits in
> the end. For example, it will open for variable name, ending with
> "head".

Correct, the open color chooser on double click functionality just
looks for 3 or 6 hex digits at the position of the double click, "ead"
being 3 valid hex digits :-)

Allowing the hex value in any context allows colour values with
prefixes of # or 0X 0x, or in strings, or other places to be accepted.

Cheers
Lex