On 2022-04-29 06:45, Gerald Brown wrote:
Greetings:

In Ubuntu 21.10 and now in 22.04 when I click on any of my partition icons Geany opens instead of the partition.

Any ideas on what is causing this and how it can be corrected?

Sounds like your file manager's "open with" functionality is set to open block devices with geany or an installed text editor.

You might try to hunt down that setting, or completely reset its config by deleting associated prefs files.

I once had a similar problem in Mate with the Trash icon in the panel running a particular program when clicked. Managed to fix it once, but it would come back. Finally one year it stopped, believe someone finally fixed the source of the bug.