Hi all,

I am using Geany 1.37 with Windows 11. I wish to build an html file from a
markdown source file. In the Build > Set Build Commands dialog, I typed in the
following command:

python -m markdown %f > %e.html

When I click on the build command in the Build drop down menu, the markdown
file compiles, but the output is displayed in the Compile window at the bottom
of the screen. I can see all of the html code just fine, but the output is NOT
put into the desired html file. It’s as if Geany stops reading the build
command after it gets to the “%f”.

I have replaced the %f and %e with actual file names, but it still doesn’t
output to a file. If I run the same command from a DOS command window
separately from Geany, everything works just fine and I get the desired html
file. But it doesn’t work from within Geany. It appears as if Geany is not
recognizing the “>” character which I believe should output the html code into
the %e.html file.

Is there other syntax I should use to tell Geany to build the source file into
an output file? If I recall correctly, I had successfully done this in the past
with Geany on a Linux computer, but since I switched to Windows 11, I haven’t
been able to get Geany to output to a file.

Thanks for any help y’all can provide.

Virgil