On 2023-01-12 19:26, Woodrow Stool via Users wrote:
As a note of comparison, I can leave Geany up for days with files loaded and have experienced no issues with hangs or anything else.  Geany 1.37.1 on Xubuntu 20.04.  If your video becomes corrupted maybe you've got a system power supply that is getting tired and dropping some voltage, or perhaps some failing memory. Based on my experiences over many years, I don't think Geany is the root cause of this problem.  Just my $0.02.

Sure, I'm far from being certain about this.  It could be coincidental that I'm back to being stable after finishing my coding project.  I never had any issues with Geany in the past. What I'm wanting is some ideas how to debug it next time it happens and Lex had some suggestions that look good.