On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 at 10:53, Woodrow Stool via Users
<users@lists.geany.org> wrote:

> Finally taking the plunge and building Geany from source.  Trying it out
> in a VM running Xubuntu (Ubuntu with Xfce) 20.04. Installed 1.36 via
> apt, works.  Downloaded 1.38 source, two dependencies installed via apt
> (libgtk-3-dev and intltool) and successfully ran configure, make, and
> sudo make install. Everything worked but I can't find the 1.38
> executable for Geany and using either the Xfce system menu or invoking
> Geany from the command line still gives me 1.36.  This is where the
> "build from source" instructions stop.  What am I doing wrong here?

If you ran the default build commands then Geany will be installed in
the default prefix (/usr/local IIRC).  You need to ensure that
${geany-prefix}/bin appears in your path before the location of the
1.36 version.

Xfce menu setups are part of the distros packaging, not something
Geany from source will do.

Cheers
Lex