On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 at 13:14, H via Users <users@lists.geany.org> wrote:

> I have run into an issue I don't think I had a month ago. Running CentOS 7
> where geany 1.37 is the latest version in the EPEL repository, the plugins,
> however, have been updated to 1.38.
>
> I just noticed that when I close a project in the project organizer plugin
> the files in the project are not closed. I am pretty sure that worked as
> expected a month ago when in the search for the geanylua plugin and trying to
> get that installed may inadvertently have changed something in the system.

Nothing to do with the plugin.  What has probably happened is that the
open documents have been added to the user config session list when
Geany was closed with a project open, this is a known problem, see
https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/267#issue-33223372.  Geany Git
might fix it since the session handling has been rejigged
considerably.

> Looking at my installation I see that my editor is 1.37 "built on or after
> 2022-07-08" but my projectmanager plugin is 1.38. Not sure when this happened
> but this version mismatch could possibly explain why the project organizer no
> longer works as expected.

Unlikely, the important thing is ABI match and thats tested and the
plugin won't load if they do not match.  ABI doesn't change very often
because it invalidates all plugins.

> I have tried to find geany-plugins-1.37.el7.x86_64.rpm somewhere on the 'net
> but can only find either 1.38 or 1.31.

Would be better to find Geany 1.38 package but doesn't seem to be
available, weird.

> Alternatively, is there a setting in the editor I may have changed without
> thinking of it and which affects closing of project files?

Not AFAIK.

Cheers
Lex