On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 at 08:30, Darío via Users <users@lists.geany.org> wrote:

> Hello! I am use some snippets for write an archive file.tex. Specifically for
> environment description, I wrote in snippets.conf archive:
>
> desc=\\begin{description}\n\t\\item[%cursor%]\n\\end{description}
>  the problem is that not replace "desc+<TAB>" for:
> \begin{description}
>   \item[]
> \end{description}
> but replace with:
> \begin
>   \item[]
> \end
> without description environment, but good the position of the cursor.
>
> I do not understand, because I use the same snippets for enumerate
> environment:
> enum=\\begin{enumerate}\n\t\\item %cursor%\n\\end{enumerate}
> except for the brackets:
> \begin{enumerate}
>   \item
> \end{enumerate}
>
> Why do not works if is almost similar?

Because the syntax {something} is a wildcard which is substituted by
Geany, see https://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#template-wildcards
but {enumerate} is not a known wildcard so its not replaced, but
{description} is so its replaced by its current value (the project
description) which seems to be blank in your case.

As the manual says, replace the { by {ob} and the } by {cb} to avoid
substitution.

Cheers
Lex