Using the API you can accomplish this. First query the NBI for all CPE with
the version number you would like to upgrade from:

curl -i '
http://localhost:7557/devices?query=%7B%22summary.softwareVersion%22%3A%222.5.0.8%22%7D&projection=_id
'

Using the language of your choice, you can then take the results and push
out the firmware to the CPEs

curl -i
'http://localhost:7557/devices/YOUR_ACS_ID/tasks?timeout=3000&connection_request'
\
    -X POST \
    --data '{ "name": "download",
"file":"YOUR_FILE_ID","filename":"YOUR_FILE_NAME"}'