Hello Pirmin,

On 10.02.22 13:14, Pirmin Duss wrote:
Hello Alex

After I modified bender to always write `0x3f8` to the BDA (currently rather
hackish), I'm able to see the serial output.
The `serial_fallback` wasn't considered, as some serial device was found.

Would you be interested in a patch that adds an option to always write the
value `0x3f8` if it is specified on the console. This in fact would be two
commits (one for mobro and one for genode).

I think we will have add some extensions to bender to make it UEFI aware. Some
assumptions, e.g. that a EBDA exists, are wrong which leads to the non working
options, e.g. your serial_fallback case. I would suggest to open a github
issue, so that we can document it and potentially come up with a better
solution.

Best,

Alex.

Best regards, Pirmin