Hi Will,

On 1/9/23 07:20, Will Senn wrote:
I'm still trying to understand the relationship between Genode and Sculpt. Reading through the "Genode Live System" github issue thread, It sounds like back in 2016, the developers had no desire to build a live-cd version of the framework (it would have been a distraction and tons of work to do, for little perceived benefit), but by 2018, were able to see their way clear to put Sculpt OS out (which is way more than a live-cd demo of the framework, and is more akin to a proof of concept turned useful experimental operating system). Does that sound right?

I think so. Let me point you to a recent reddit thread [1] covering a very similar question, hoping to help lifting the clouds a bit further.

[1] https://old.reddit.com/r/genode/comments/yw5kjv/making_sense_of_genodesculpts_security_virtues/

Cheers
Norman

--