Dear Genodians

We are looking into using wireguard to access sensor nodes connected by a genode-powered gateway through a wireguard server running on Linux. By trying this, we discovered that the wireguard connection works only once, and upon restart of the runscript yields "Invalid handshake initiation" in the servers log.

We based on a post by wireguard developer Jason Donenfeld [1] (key phrase: "WireGuard relies on a timestamp counter always moving forward.") we concluded that this problem is caused by DDE restarting at time zero instead of using an RTC connection, thereby triggering wireguard's replay protection mechanism on the server peer.

We're not sure how to best fix the problem. Do you have any suggestions?

[1] https://inbox.vuxu.org/wireguard/7aa9fe5e-2ae2-cf8b-ae6d-d98de2031...@posteo.de/t/

Best Regards

Stefan Thöni

gapfruit AG