Hello Sebastian,

On 02.02.24 10:57, Sebastian Sumpf wrote:
It works and is tested for all drivers except SMC95xx, where it is not working. The reason is that the driver registers itself as an mdio driver for itself and uses the PHY and IRQ domain infrastructure (see: smsc95xx_bind -> phy_connect_direct) to track link state changes. The old Linux driver did not it this way and I have not taken the time to look into it because to enable the MDIO/PHY parts for virt_linux is non-trivial. You could try and find out how the old Linux driver implemented link-state changes and maybe there is an easier way to do it.

Btw, I had to patch the driver so it will not report link state down ("NIC sessions: 0") all the time ;)

Thanks for the information. I will try to look in to this, but first I have more important tasks to complete.

I will also have to figure out why I do have sporadically the log line below while my new usb_net driver is running:

[init -> usb_host_drv] Error: lx_emul_mem_free called with invalid ptr 0x10305

The address is changing. I did never see the message before introducing my new usb_net driver.

Regards,
Pirmin