On 4/19/24 10:10 AM, Christian Helmuth wrote:
Hello everybody,

we finished the alpha phase today and, thus, published the first
release candidate of Sculpt 24.04 under the following URLs or
installed via the Sculpt "System -> Update" dialog in entry
https://depot.genode.org/chelmuth from your installation.

   https://depot.genode.org/chelmuth/image/sculpt-pc-2024-04-19.img.xz
   https://depot.genode.org/chelmuth/image/sculpt-pc-2024-04-19.zip

There are some really nice usability enhancements in this release!

I got to play around with it a little bit over the weekend, in VirtualBox and on real hardware, with positive results.

The power menu in Leitzentrale is really nice, and Standby worked fine for me in my limited testing on the ThinkPad L380 Yoga. The new "Options" panel in the "+" menu might be the star of the show - that is a real time-saver! The scrollable Components view in Leitzentrale (including TrackPoint!) solves any screen size limitations, and putting all hardware drivers under the "Hardware" top-level node is clearer IMO.

The only thing that didn't work for me (as Pirmin Duss already mentioned) was that I didn't get any audio output for the web browser, although I did hear a popping noise when enabling the Audio component, so something is working there. (I haven't tried any other audio playback yet.)

All of this is just what's obvious on the surface - I can't wait to see what else is in there!

Thanks for putting out these alphas / RCs!

  John J. Karcher
  devu...@alternateapproach.com