Hi there Genodians. It has been many years since I've built and experimented
with Genode, and now seems like a perfect time to get back into the picture.

Right now, I want to prototype and experiment with running Sculpt OS directly
on my current Debian 12 installation, in an Ubuntu 22.04 LTS podman/distrobox
container. I'm using the current master branch of Genode from GitHub.

It took me a bit of time to reread the documentation and a handful of very
helpful Genodians.org articles, and I was able to build and run the sculpt_test
run script after some configuration and switching my Linux environment from
Wayland to Xorg (fb_sdl fails to initialize on Wayland). It all works perfectly
with the exception of networking! I'm very happy with this progress and it was
more than I expected to accomplish with my first revisit of Genode.

I am building and running Sculpt OS using the following command in my Ubuntu
container:
"make -C build/x86_64 run/sculpt_test KERNEL=linux BOARD=linux LOG=core"

When I click the Network button at the top-right of the leitzentrale, it only
displays two buttons - "Off" and "Disconnected". Clicking on Disconnected
initializes nic_router, but I still have no internet access.

Feel free to throw me any ideas or troubleshooting tips. I'm having a lot of
fun but having working internet will be amazing.

Joel