From: users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com
[mailto:users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Dino Viehland
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 3:10 PM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] Django, __unicode__, and #20366

It's not the tests, it's the infrastructure.  Years ago when we were on the
CLR team we wired up everything to run on their perf testing infrastructure.
They've since moved on and we've been running on the old stuff that's been
bit-rotting away.  But the Developer Division has some division-wide
infrastructure that we should have switched to long ago.

But whatever the infrastructure is we can run whatever tests.  We do want to
bring the Unladen Swallow tests in and that'll be something to do after we've
made the switch.

I know some of their infrastructure works fine - I can run individual test
cases because I was looking at html5lib for fun just last week (and fixed a bug
which prevented html5lib from running but the test stuff ran fine).  But I'm
not sure all of their infrastructure will run fine.  They used to have a
dependency on subprocess that could still be there somewhere higher in
their perf testing stack.  But they've also had a bug open to get it running
on other implementations so maybe that's been fixed.