ok mmbase-1.8.6 is up and running.

I forgot to install some java packages that indeed included the java parser etc.

Thanks for you help,
Rui

On Aug 6, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Michiel Meeuwissen wrote:

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 11:44, Rui Guerra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
yes, it is a default ubuntu package.

Well, my experience, on debian at least, is that it's more trouble
then it's worth. Downloading tomcat from apache.org by hand, unzipping
it in /opt or /usr/local or so is basicly all what needs te be done,
Normally it  works then. My advice is to _not use_ the debian package
of tomcat.

What excactly is the issue with the package in this case, I don't
know. If you like, you could make an issue in www.mmbase.org/jira
about this, and perhaps i can take a look into it later, when I have
time. I do use ubuntu myself, so it should not be hard to reproduce
:-)

Michiel

--
mihxil' http://meeuw.org