On 5/30/06, Brian Barrett <brbar...@open-mpi.org> wrote:

On May 28, 2006, at 8:48 AM, Justin Bronder wrote:

> Brian Barrett wrote:
>> On May 27, 2006, at 10:01 AM, Justin Bronder wrote:
>>

>>> I've attached the required logs.  Essentially the problem seems to
>>> be that the XL Compilers fail to recognize "__asm__ __volatile__" in
>>> opal/include/sys/powerpc/atomic.h when building 64-bit.
>>>
>>> I've tried using various xlc wrappers such as gxlc and xlc_r to
>>> no avail.  The current log uses xlc_r_64 which is just a one line
>>> shell script forcing the -q64 option.
>>>
>>> The same works flawlessly with gcc-4.1.0.  I'm using the nightly
>>> build in order to link with Torque's new shared libraries.
>>>
>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  For reference here are
>>> a few other things that may provide more information.
>>>

>> Can you send the config.log file generated by configure?  What else
>> is in the xlc_r_64 shell script, other than the -q64 option?

> I've attached the config.log, and here's what all of the *_64 scripts
> look like.

Can you try compiling without the -qkeyword=__volatile__?  It looks
like XLC now has some support for GCC-style inline assembly, but it
doesn't seem to be working in this case.  If that doesn't work, try
setting CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to include -qnokeyword=asm, which should
disable GCC inline assembly entirely.  I don't have access to a linux
cluster with the XL compilers, so I can't verify this.  But it should
work.

Brian

No good sadly.  The same error continues to appear.  I had actually
initially
attempted to  compile without -qkeyword=__volatile__, but had hoped to
force xlc to recognize it.  This is obviously more of an XL issue,
especially
as I've since found that everything works flawlessly in 32-bit mode.  If
anyone
has more suggestions, I'd love the help as I'm lost at this point.

Thanks for the help thus far,

Justin.