Could you re-send that?  The attachment that I got was an excel spreadsheet
with the output from configure that did not show any errors -- it just
stopped in the middle of the check for "bool" in the C++ compiler.

Two notes:

1. One common mistake that people make is to use the "icc" compiler for the
C++ compiler.  Recent versions of the Intel compiler renamed the C++
compiler to be "icpc".  If your version of the Intel compiler has an "icpc",
you need to use that for the C++ compiler.

2. We had some problems with the Intel 8.1 compiler at one point -- it would
seg fault while compiling legal C code.  I think that later builds of the
Intel 8.1 compiler fixed the problem, however.  You might want to check that
you have the latest build of the 8.1 compiler.

If these two suggestions don't help, please see the "Getting help" web page
to see what information we need to help with compile problems.  Thanks!

    http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/